Holy crap! The final 10 drinks on the Adventure have been decided! I’ve reached out to just about everyone and barring any changes in the wind or travels, I present to you in no particular order (but the final drink, #1)…
10. The Author & The Artist- sharing a drink (or two) with two of my good high school buddies, one a famous author friend and the other a local artist and country lady.
09. The Roommate - sharing a drink with my first college roommate, who tried many
many times to get me to drink.
08. The Sibling - sharing a drink with my sister, my original best friend.
07. The Co-Worker - sharing a drink with a former co-worker, and deep-thinking, fun loving DC friend.
06. The Co-Hosts - sharing a final drink with the No Call No Show drinking DC podcast boys for another riveting installment of comedic conversation.
05. The Sweetness - sharing a drink with one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest friends I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
04. The Father - sharing a drink with my father, the man from whose loins I was borne.
03. The Buddy Crush - sharing a drink with a good buddy who I used to have a major crush on back before we were both happily married men.
02. The Mystery Guest - sharing a drink with someone that will even be a mystery to me until the moment it happens.
01. The Husband - sharing my final drink for the blog with my husband & best friend; it’s a repeat, but of the finest of qualities to say goodbye to the Adventure.
I hope you’ll join me for the final 10 posts; the drinking countdown begins this Thanksgiving. It’s going to be quite the crazy bubbly wrap-up. I think I’m actually going to welcome getting a little buzzed from some of these upcoming posts, no lie.
“Is the blog over? Where have you been?”
No, not yet. Yes I have been quite absent. And yes it’s all drawing to a close. And not just because I’m 36 now…
But yeah, I’m getting older and it’s slowing down. A few drinks left before the end of the year and I’m packing the Adventure in. Only to start a new one. Or not. I’m traveling a lot these days, applying to go back to school, planning a reception, blah blah blah.
Point is, it’s not over yet. But it’s damn close. So close. Oh, life. What the hell, right?
PS: No fear Michelle, that Long Island is coming. Carrie, that SoCo is scheduled. And I’ve still got a few friends & family drinks on the way… quit freaking out. Glug-glug-glug, it’s not over till the glass runs dry.
That awkward moment when Tumblr is retelling the tales of being away from Tumblr while Tumblr was unavailable to Tumblr. Toast toasts toast x1000 shit up in here.