Holy crap! The final 10 drinks on the Adventure have been decided! I’ve reached out to just about everyone and barring any changes in the wind or travels, I present to you in no particular order (but the final drink, #1)…
10. The Author & The Artist- sharing a drink (or two) with two of my good high school buddies, one a famous author friend and the other a local artist and country lady.
09. The Roommate - sharing a drink with my first college roommate, who tried many
many times to get me to drink.
08. The Sibling - sharing a drink with my sister, my original best friend.
07. The Co-Worker - sharing a drink with a former co-worker, and deep-thinking, fun loving DC friend.
06. The Co-Hosts - sharing a final drink with the No Call No Show drinking DC podcast boys for another riveting installment of comedic conversation.
05. The Sweetness - sharing a drink with one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest friends I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
04. The Father - sharing a drink with my father, the man from whose loins I was borne.
03. The Buddy Crush - sharing a drink with a good buddy who I used to have a major crush on back before we were both happily married men.
02. The Mystery Guest - sharing a drink with someone that will even be a mystery to me until the moment it happens.
01. The Husband - sharing my final drink for the blog with my husband & best friend; it’s a repeat, but of the finest of qualities to say goodbye to the Adventure.
I hope you’ll join me for the final 10 posts; the drinking countdown begins this Thanksgiving. It’s going to be quite the crazy bubbly wrap-up. I think I’m actually going to welcome getting a little buzzed from some of these upcoming posts, no lie.
…Basically, this is a long ass title to express that I’m 6 drinks behind on the blog and to let you know they’re coming. They are. I swear.
Joe and I moved to DC to expand our lives, make more money, do exciting new things, make new friends, explore more of this country, and enjoy a better life. This past week we had something exciting going on every. single. night. with friends, fun and family. In fact, we didn’t make it home from one event or another before 11pm every night. It was insane.
Note: these are not complaints.
We’re cooking for friends, attending concerts, running charity happy hours, having date nights, traveling with new friends to river cottages… seriously, absolutely no complaints. This is the life of lives.
But it’s having an affect on my blogging.
Not my drinking, mind you. But certainly my blogging. And I’m going to repair this problem this week, trust that. I have 6 drinks to share… some awesome classics and modern classics. You won’t want to miss them. But in the meantime, I need to fucking sleep. Do you sleep? I miss sleep. Oh, to dream to sleep. sleeeeep. (I miss you)
So tonight you get an apology, I get to sleep and tomorrow you get a post on some disgustingly sweet wine and a concert. Thanks for your patience. And brace for impact, the blogs are coming…